Subsea Well Superintendent Services Position: Subsea Well Superintendent
(Please note that this is an expatriate position and not for Nigerian nationals)
SITUATION IN ORGANISATION
Position to report: Manager, Subsea & Life of Field
This Service is created to achieve the following objectives:
- Guarantee personnel. equipment availability and mobilization offshore to the rig & OIMR/ LWI vessels, minimize NPTsduring operations and maintain high HSE incidents
- Ensure that all operational requirements are proactively managed
- Monitor SPS contractors’ performance (KPI) for service delivery for offshore operations, equipment maintenance and life offield activities towards drilling, ECP & Field operations
This role ensures personal and team commitment and compliance to TotalEnergies policies, standards, codes of conduct, and HSE requirements.
Provides technical support to the onshore service base subsea team & SPS contractors mainly ONESUBSEA, TechnipFMC, Exprotech and other key sub-contractors such as Diamould, Fugro-impROV, OAL provides validation for subsea/workover operations ensuring the well delivery targets are met.
Acts as the Focal point for Safety, technical and operational/maintenance for all subsea activities offshore including
SERS/WERP & BOCP procedure updates.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Deep water environment (up to 1600m operation water depth) on a 6th generation drillship with high daily cost exposure (~ $1.5m/day rig rate) and subsea activities on OIMR/LWI vessels
- Works within and supervises multiple culturally and professionally transverse people.
- Safety critical role (Training and certification allows direct involvement in major risk prevention – blow-out)
- Transverse activities across all disciplines within Drilling & Wells and outside (HSE, projects, logistics, Field operations, ECPetc.)
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Key initiator and Implementer of performance and cost improvement processes, procedures, and initiatives.
- Contribute towards the delivery of KPIs for SPS maintenance activities.
- Demonstrates savings/ value through LOF optimizations and synergies, remove unnecessary practices, and introduce newways of efficiently doing business
- Zero target for non-compliant tools and equipment on the rig, light well intervention & OIMR vessels
- Timely issuance of SPS work trackers and asset registers and return on experience (REX) for operations
- Formulate and execute solutions that will enable the larger LOF objectives to be achieved.
- Familiarize self with TotalEnergies EP emergency procedures, carry out assigned responsibilities safely and report any incident, unsafe act, or operation.
- Ensure all personnel under his/her supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring
- Support TUCN Audits and inspections of ONSHORE base and workshop facilities
- Technical degree (B.Sc./HND) Engineering
- >10 years’ experience in Subsea production systems with QA/QC, fabrication & testing with deep water project and contractormanagement experience
- Operational experience in subsea wells discipline (Drilling & Wells Métier), and knowledge of managing contracts.
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work in a diverse team of professionals.
- Individual must be adaptable and proactive, with a methodical mindset.
- Must be able to coach or drive others towards delivering expected outcomes through clear explanation and persistentlycommunicating the benefits and importance of the deliverables.
- Computer skills: good knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)