Position on Organisation Chart: Reports to the Marine Offshore Manager
• Responsible for the tanker movements on site and the transfer operations of hydrocarbons to or from the FPSO and
• To or from the export tanker or vessel (Pilot, Berthing Master & tanker Loading Master).
• Deputise for the Marine Superintendent position when the Marine Superintendent is absent from the FPSO.
Scope of work
• Organises arrival/departure procedures for export tanker,
• Pilots the export tanker to/from mooring point (loading buoy or tandem position),
• In the event of an emergency, manages the off-load tanker securing or disconnection operations
• Assists and provides marine advice when approaching and mooring the export tanker.
• Inspects the export tanker, completes the HSE and Security check lists,
• Inspection of site support vessels, when required,
• Is authorised to stop or refuse berthing operations taking place,
• Supervises tanker de-ballasting,
• Is responsible for the application of HSE rules, international and National regulations codes and standards,
• Ensure communication with FPSO are maintained during loading operation,
• Checks volume calculations for exported batch,
• Supervise the 1st Level corrective and preventive maintenance plan for all equipment associated with marine and logistic operations including Mooring equipment and tools, work boat, SBM equipments, tandem equipments
• Responsible for spare part management of equipment associated with his duties.
• Advisor to the COMPANY for the completion of cargo documents (BL, LOP, etc…)
Context and Environment
|• Rotation status: 4 weeks on/4 weeks off
• Employed offshore on the FPSO.
|• Unlimited master STCW 95 Class 1 Certificate (Deck) with tanker advance training.
• Bridge Resources Management certificate or equivalent
• A minimum of 10 years service on an oil tanker VLCC, FSO or FPSO with 3 years as master or chief officer or harbour pilot, with experience of tandem and buoy approaches
• 2 years as pilot required
• BOSIET Certificate
• Languages: English.