Job Description Branch: Exploration-Production REF: E/P Direction: DW OPERATIONS & TECHNICAL SERVICES (ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION & PROJECTS) JOB TITLE (JOB HOLDER) FMC & Construction Site Superintendent SITUATION IN ORGANISATION Position to report (Hierarchy): Construction Manager
Present job holder:
JOB DIMENSIONS – Focal/ Interface person for all ECP construction activities and Site management
– Responsible for overseeing and supervising all construction activities offshore on schedule and according to HSE regulations.
– Supervises technical teams from contractor offshore efficiently and in a good working spirit.
– Supervision of all Fabric Maintenance Contact (FMC) activities on site.
– Prepares daily reports.
– Ensure implementation of day-to-day priority work offshore in coordination with the Campaign Works Leader and FMC Contractor site rep.
– Ensure the right level of quality on the worksite and work with Contractor to achieve project requirement with regards to QA.
– Evaluates construction issues on the worksite with Contractor workers and contribute to their resolution at worksite level whenever possible.
– Ensure work procedures are properly implemented on the worksite and deviations are promptly reported to his hierarchies for further decision to be taken.
– Reports any issue to ECP Construction Manager and maintain regular and efficient information to him.
– Participates in clarification and responses to Contractor queries and request for waivers issued on the worksite in accordance with project procedures.
– Ensure proper liaison with the rest of the ECP entity to guaranty adequate coordination within the team for construction activities.
– Ensure overall proper management of goods delivery onboard the AKPO FPSO through his Construction Coordinator.
– Ensure that activities performed on site in the project perimeter fulfil project HSE requirements.
– Reports any incident as per Company and Project rules.
– Implements with Contractor site representative any risk assessment of Job Safety Analysis recommendation as required by Project HSE
– Participates in Job Hazard Analyses and Attend safety toolbox meetings on a regular basis with contractors’ work teams.
– Assists in constructability reviews and the planning and scheduling of construction jobs.
– Monitor the overall progress of the contractors against schedule, providing reporting on same to line management, highlighting the potential for slippage and propose remedial actions and signing contractor daily reports, personnel and equipment timesheets.
– Ensure Contractors have viable schedules for their work, recognizing interfaces with other ongoing company activities.
– Participate, with contractors’ staff and company operations staff, in all pre-commissioning activities.
– Maintain adequate records relating to events surrounding the work, which may give rise to contractors claiming for a cost increase against contract.
– Ensure proper liaison with the OIM to ensure daily site activities aligns with field operations priorities and objectives
– Contributes to project close out reports as applicable.
– Maintains good relationships with FOPs/MTNC team, with DW-ECP teams and with Contractor(s), being flexible enough but also strict when necessary (safety or other aspects) to achieve the objectives of the Site Modification Requests.
– Attends daily meetings and weekly progress meetings.
– Any other work of a similar nature as may be requested by DW ECP Management.
Work location: Job is based on Egina or Akpo FPSO with occasional visits to Lagos as necessary.
Major clients: Field Operations – Production, Maintenance, Inspection, Marine and HSE.
Constraints: Mistakes in the preparation of scope of work requiring offshore implementation could lead to scope creep and its attendant escalation in project budget and delays in procurement of project materials could lead to production losses.
Favourable Factors: Working in a cross-functional work environment where there are opportunities to forge credible working
ACCOUNTABILITIES – Compliance with DW ECP HSE KPI & Objective and assist DW ECP in compliance with overall TUCN HSE requirement
– Ensures HSE values are well understood and are not breached under any circumstance while carrying out offshore construction activities on the Egina FPSO
– Establishes accurate records keeping, project follow up and good progress reporting.
– Ensures effective and timely response to construction activity and ensure compliance with company procedures.
– Validates offshore construction works by ensuring that they are accurate and meet overall Statement of Requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– Minimum Qualification: HND, B. Sc. /B. Eng. (Engineering) with 10 – 20 years experience in Offshore construction, Site supervision, Installation, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning in an Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry preferably on an FPSO.
– Experience: Verifiable experience in the use of MS Office packages, Fluent in English, strong communication skills, manages interfaces
Job Holder’s Signature: Name: Hierarchical Approval: Name: