- Branch: Exploration-Production
- REF: Division: Deep Water Technical s
Direction: Deep Water Technical Logistics
SERVICE TITLE (SERVICE HOLDER)
SITUATION IN ORGANISATION
Position reports to: DW Marine Manager
Present SERVICE holder:
TA ( Technical Authority ) Duties
- Establish policies, strategies and technical expertise related ROV activity for DW District.
- Ensure safe and consistent application of TOTAL’s referential documents, codes, standards and good engineering practice.
Position requires :
- Ability to manage the interface with major ROV Contractors, from different cultures.
- Supervision of ROV personnel onshore and offshore.
- Extensive technical knowledge of ROV’s, equipment and practices to reinforce Management position with ROV Contractors , especially in technically innovative fields.
- Proactive attitude and preparedness to work with all entities within the Affiliate.
- Good communication skills in order to interact with affiliate entities as well as other affiliates or partners and local authorities.
- Good working knowledge of ROV equipment, technology or techniques for deep water ROV operations, interfacing with other oilfield equipment, Research and Development.
- Schedule, plan, prepare, manage and supervise ROV operations and liaising with Line Management and Client
Departments as necessary.
- Manage all existing ROV-related Contracts established with the s Companies, including the follow-up of budget and approval of invoices, in coordination with Contracts and Cost Control departments. Evaluate existing contracts in order to propose possible improvements at contracts renewal.
- Manage the existing contract for the provision of ROVs, personnel and associated s (review and approval of procedures, manning, invoices, claims, etc.)
- Manage the existing contracts with respect to tooling.
- Manage the ROV tools owned or rented by DW (inventory, maintenance, renewal of tools, etc.)
- Participate in the Call for Tender process, technical evaluation and selection of ROV contractors.
- Participation in ROV budget preparation when required
- Ensure the implementation by Contractors of the affiliate HSE policies through the application of the HSE bridging document and other documents as applicable.
- Report to management on possible changes in contractual strategy and anticipate I evaluate the needs in order to meet future requirements.
- Organize and prepare ROV intervention operations in coordination with project engineers, vessels superintendents, drilling and exploitation entities. Review all procedures related to ROV operations, including but not limited to installation and maintenance procedures.
- Optimize the ROV operations and evaluate their performance. Maintain internal statistics of ROV and tooling performance.
- Control and approve testing and reception procedures for ROV’s and associated tooling or equipment during mobilisation or arrival of new equipment as required.
- Assist with the organization and preparation of ROV intervention operations in coordination with project engineers, vessels superintendents, drilling and exploitation entities. Review all procedures related to ROV operations, including but not limited to installation and maintenance procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of internal statistics for ROV and tooling performance.
- Provide technical support and advice to other TUCN entities for the implementation of ROV interventions.
- Daily follow-up of all ROV activities within Deep W ater, in close coordination with ROV contracted personnel and
COMPANY representatives onboard the vessels, offshore installations and drilling rigs.
- Participate in the review and testing of ROV systems, tools and equipment required for ROV activities related to
Deep W ater operations.
- Maintaining an up to date database of the number, operational condition and position of all Deep W ater ROV tools and assets.
- Maintaining up to date records of the Deep W ater video library in accordance with Deep W ater procedures.
- Assist Tie-ins and Christmas Tree on W ire installations.
- Provide technical feedback to Headquarters for new or innovative ROV techniques that could be shared with other
HSE & PERSONAL COMMITMENT STATEMENT
At all times, the position requires:
- Practice and demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards
- Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes
In undertaking this role, the SERVICE holder will:
- Proactively carry out the activities of the SERVICE.
- Perform regular HSE meeting with contractors
- Be responsible for achievement of agreed objectives and corrective actions defined into contractor audit plan
- Adapt to changes in work practices and SERVICE activities
- Act in the best interest of the affiliate at all times.
- Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the SERVICE
- Adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct at all times
- W illingly and openly share good practice.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Position is based in EKO Tower Lagos , Nigeria
- Frequent Missions as required to Onne , Offshore , Contractors Base and Vendors for FAT / EFAT / SIT
- Work schedule: 4 x 4 week rotational , 7days /week , 12 hours per day
ACCOUNTABILITIES • Maintain support for ROV operations for all the affiliate’s entities.
• Ensure TOTAL HSE policy adherence to all ROV CONTRACTORS
• Maintain technical supervision of all ROV activities.
• Management of assigned ROV Contracts
• Provide experience feedback to Total Headquarters.
• Ensure technical compliance with Total’s standards.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED • Educated to Diploma level in Engineering or Technical equivalent.
• 3 years ROV management or Project Engineering experience
• At least 15 years of experience in offshore oil & gas installation / construction industry as ROV Pilot/Operator of which at least 5 years should be in a senior position such as ROV Superintendent on OMIR Vessel or Project Management.
• Knowledge of ROV tooling, Tie-ins, TOW , technical specifications and procedures, contract awareness,
• Experience with ROV tooling development.
• Fluent in spoken and written English. Fluent in French optional