|Division : Exploration & Production REF : E/P NP **|
|Direction: Operations Support Services – DW Contracts & Procurement|
|SERVICE TITLE (SERVICE HOLDER):|
|Title: Contracts Engineer (D&C) SERVICE Holder:|
|SITUATION IN ORGANISATION|
|Report to : Head D&C/Techlog/GSR Contracts SERVICE Holder:|
Active contracts 336 estimated at $4,032m and Annual turnover $1,000m via 300orders;
Material Purchases of $345m from over 850 POs per annum
Decentralised Purchases estimated at $0.08m via 80 orders
Approximately 16,000 registered suppliers and 100 new supplier applications per year.
Importation 1,400 Tons Sea Freight and 10 Tons of Air Freight, via 1400 importation files.
C&P Business Tools including UNISUP, CONTIKI, ARIBA, AVL, e-TRACE & NIPEX
CONTACTS: Foreign and Local Manufacturers/Suppliers, other subsidiaries, User Departments, Various
Government Ministries and Agencies, Banks, Scanning Companies, other third parties.
|The SERVICE holder adheres to the H3SE rules|
Be in constant alignment with H3SE Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation
Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger. Exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or avoid pollution
Participate actively in H3SE meetings, training sessions and drills and co-operate actively in the execution of
Implement the H3SE clauses within C&P documents
The SERVICE holder manages the compliance
– Verify that company’s Contractual Policies and applicable laws and regulations are adhered to, especially
related to ethic and transparency.
– Verify that procurement Contracts and procedures comply with the standards of the company and the agreements with the partners
– Ensure the application and respect of the procedures in the tender process
The SERVICE holder liaises with Métier Partners and participates in the processes and communication of the contracts entity by performing the following tasks
– Work closely with the DUET counterpart to create the contracts dossier, develop a clear definition of
contractual responsibilities and discuss the agenda including:
§ Validation of contracts strategy
§ Negotiation and analysis of commercial bids
§ Participation in recommendations to award
– Adapt standard and template documents to local conditions
– Provide professional advice and guidance to all contract owners/entities with respect to contractual matters
– Liaise with C&P Methods/planning/market and line Manager for timely reporting (not limited to validate and record of saving, Contiki) and statistics matters
– Keep informed or best practices in contracts procedures in other entities and affiliates for improvement of
contracts practices in the DW TUCN
– Use frame agreements FALTC signed by headquarters
The SERVICE holder executes the following contracts activities
– Prepare and maintain an up-to-date list of qualified contractors/suppliers/potential tenders/contracts with updated information in order to perform market studies; analyze and assess all possible answers from the market
|– Participate to the validation of the contracts strategy through:|
§ Arranging and attending Contracts Committee Meetings, common recommendation with duet
§ Pre-qualifying bidders
§ Defining target prices
§ Defining criteria for evaluation
– Establish CFT commercial documents
§ Prepare and send out the dossiers of pre-consultation and Standard or Complex invitations to bid
§ Verify the alignment with Ethics, H3SEQ clauses, Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation when issuing all technical contracts and when drafting contractual and commercial terms and conditions
§ Verify the Terms & Conditions (standard, general and financial)
§ Compose contracts from standard contracts or without standard contract and create outline agreements
– Conduct the Terms & Conditions bid analysis and negotiation for the best interest of DW TUCN
– Conduct the commercial bid analysis and negotiation thereby creating a clear definition of responsibilities and documents together with the DUET
– Take the leading role in recommendations to award through contracts Committee with common recommendation with duet
– Participate in the signing of formal document after approval from authorities and partners and clarification of rights and obligations of both signing parties according to DOA
– Ensures that own contracts are created and managed in UNISUP and CONTIKI, ensure effective use of tools
and systems (Ariba, NIPEX, REX+, CONTIKI.) for optimum productivity.
– Prepare files for the settlement of law suits in relation with the juridical, insurance and financial department
– Monitor contractor’s performance with Duet, promoting and attending service quality meetings, claims, amendments and contract renewal discussions with contractor and manage and maintain a network with Stakeholders such as NAPIMS, NCD, Department of Petroleum Resources, etc.
– Carries out any other duties that may be assigned to him from time to time
|CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT|
| Lack of planning from User department leading to urgent treatment.|
Long and complex tendering process (notably NAPIMS approval)
Increased political pressure in Oil & Gas Industry (Local Content, Community Content, Carbotage law and large number of vendors requiring development in matters of HSE and Quality Assesment.
| Ensure 100% compliance to COMPANY rules, SOX and local rules|
Ensures the establishment of suitable lists of potential bidders in accordance with vendor management policies and procedures to obtain good value for money.
Ensures contracts are drafted in accordance with approved model which reflect to company’s ethic policy,
procedure thereby minimizing company’s exposure to risk.
Contributes during negotiation either for dispute resolution and claim settlement or for generation of saving.
|REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE|
| A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (preferably Supply Chain)|
Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
Up to 5 years experience in oil well construction activities of which 3 should be in contract administration.
Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the company in general.
Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.